If I had $1,000,000
Lately, I’ve been concerned with/obsessed over/consumed by thoughts of money. Looking for a new job does that to me. I get excited over the way my life could be and I go bananas. I’m halfway between the kind of person who can live simply and the kind of person who needs to have things. I enjoy sunrises and cup a cup maté just as much as the hippie next door, but I like my material possessions not gonna lie. Now, my version of nice things tends to be a ‘bit’ off center when compared to the average individual. For example, if I had a million dollars I’d do this:
- Buy a yurt for about $7,000.
- Purchase land for around 150,000
- Invest about 100,000 in the property: ie pimpin my yurt 😉
- Use 20,000 to pay for some people to go to college through this website
- Take 250,000 and invest it in”high risk” investments
- Take 200,000 and diversify it amongst safer more dependable investments
- Take 55,000 and spread it amongst checking/savings accounts so I have access to it
- 15,000 to pay off student loans from grad school and such
- Get 1 if not 2 more dogs — of the non shedding variety of course
The rest? I have no idea. I’d probably go to REI and lose my mind. Other than that, I don’t have plans. In short, I want a place to call home. I know I’d have to pay property taxes each year but that wouldn’t be that bad. I’d want to have some kind of off the grid energy source so I wouldn’t have to pay an electric bill. The yurt would be heated by a wood stove. Life would be grand.
I don’t need copious amounts of money to happy. I’d just like a little sumpin sumpin to not worry about where I’m going to rest my head.